Nowadays people work on computers, laptops for hours, which affects the eyes. This causes the eyes to get tired, and many times, there are also complaints of headaches and stress. Therefore 20-20-20 formula is the best way to protect the eyes from strain. (Computer Vision Syndrome)
Frequent use of computers, laptops, iPads, and smartphones is common in eye-watering, itching, blurred vision, dryness. All this is digital pressure on the eyes, which makes the eyes tired.
Like body and mind, rest is also needed to keep eyes healthy. To protect your precious eyes from the bad effects of gadgets, you can adopt a 20-20-20 formula.
Computer Vision Syndrome
How do you get rid of computer vision syndrome?
What is the 20-20-20 formula?
Dr. Jeff Anshell popularized this formula. According to this rule, after working on the computer, after 20 minutes, remove the sight from the screen and watch things kept at a distance of 20 feet for 20 seconds.
If possible, get up and go 20 feet away. The pressure on the eyes increases due to the repeated viewing of the screen, causing stress and headache. Taking breaks at intervals of 20 minutes will reduce the pressure on the eyes, and they will get some rest.
Ways to keep the eyes healthy.
Apart from this formula, keep in mind other things to keep the eyes healthy.
– The brightness of the room and the brightness of the screen should be equal. More or less light increases the pressure on the eyes.
– Use anti-glare screens or UV protected glasses while working on the computer.
– After 40 minutes of continuous work, distract the eyes from the screen for some time, and close the eyes.
– Blink the eyelids occasionally to give comfort to the eyes.
– Sunglasses must be applied while going out in the sun; it protects the eyes from UV rays.
– While going for any outdoor activity or game, wear glasses so that the eyes are protected.
– To protect the eyes from infection, apply contact lenses only after washing hands and remove them.
– Drink 8-10 glasses of water daily. Avoid excessive consumption of coffee, tea, cold drinks.
– Carrot is very beneficial for the eyes. Eat raw carrots or make juice from it.
– Include green leafy vegetables in the diet, such as spinach and seasonal fruits.
– To keep the eyes healthy, eight hours of daily sleep is very important.
Note: Depression Cure does not provide any type of medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment.